Assimilated treasury bill (BTA) are securities issued by the State by tender
· Nominal: 1000 dinars (unit cost of each note)
· Duration: 2 years and up
· Interest rate: fixed, interest is payable annually in arrears.
· Refund: treasury bill are repaid in full on maturity.
Who can benefit?
· Any individual or legal resident in Tunisia.
· non-residents Foreigners up to a regulated limit.
Terms of subscription:
· Amount to subscribe = multiples of 1000 dinars.
· Interest is paid annually in arrears.
· The BTA are quoted in percentage of the face value.
· Tax system: withholding of 20% of accrued interest on the holding period of the securities. Non-resident aliens are exempt from tax.
Security: The BTA offers, by the quality of the issuer (the state), a safe investment in the medium and long term.
· The BTA offers a better rate of return
· Yield to maturity known when subscribing (subject to keeping the BTA to maturity).
· The BTA is negotiable at any time from our retail outlets.
· The BTA is available at any time by trading on the market.
The purchasing of a BTA is done through your Banque de Tunisie branch